Starbucks - Coffee Mugs Poor Quality No Return Policy

173 of 265 Starbucks reviews

I have been a LOYAL customer for years.Attached are two mugs I took into my local store.

One cracked and the other mug's metal logo came off. I was asked if I had a receipt. Too which I replied it would be on my Starbucks card and secondly these are obviously Starbucks mugs. The manager said she could not do anything without a receipt and the store policy is not to replace faulty items.

Starbucks charges a high premium for their products and services. I only wanted to exchange them and was told no. I do not blame the store manager; I blame the company for not backing their products and having poor customer service return policies.

These mugs were not cheap.Shame on Starbucks.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Return Policy
Review category
Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
review #470807 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Starbucks? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 11 No 11
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
173 of 265 Starbucks reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 28 #1119393

Don't pissed because you didn't have the receipt. They don't know how long you've had those mugs and don't plan on losing money on inventory because you want to constantly change out your old mugs for new ones after you've put them through the ringer. You sound like the kind of person who would pull the whole "Well they did it before!" *** and just keep getting new mugs without having to pay for them. Here's a novel idea: Don't waste money on a "special" coffee mug when a regular one will suffice. It's a vessel not a fashion statement.

0 0 Reply

Jul 02, 2015 #1002879

I had a beautiful Starbucks mug with snowflakes on it. It had a uneven bottom where the ceramic was bunched up. Coffee stained the area and I couldn't clean it. I didn't want to drink out of a dirty mug, regardless of how lovely it was. :-( This was not a old mug. It was new and purchased in that condition.

0 0 Reply
IndyRN

Jan 16, 2014 #774253

Maybe Starbucks is just into 'snob appeal' now, and really Not Real Value For Your Money. Their Customer Care certainly bears that out.

2 6 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Starbucks. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Starbucks.
Filing a new complaint about
×