2.4
Allergens Information
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

On Friday, 14 July, 2017, my husband and I went into Starbucks at Cross Creek Mall, here in Fayetteville, NC, at 13:30 pm.Friday was Starbucks "Free tea" day, and as usual; this particular location was a hellish NIGHTMARE!

When we walked into this store, it was already a zoo: extremely crowded, extremely loud and the baristas were slower than molasses. This has been my first time in this store in over a month, (because I am recuperating from major surgery on both legs), in over a month. At 13:35, I walked up to the counter, (no one was waiting to order or placing an order), so I was able to order immediately. One of the baristas who normally makes my drink was working the register.

Even though she hadn't seen me in a month, she knew what I wanted, I paid for my drink , and preceeded to the bar area. Here's where it became a nightmare. For 15 minutes, I stood and watched the barista, who was at the bar, continue to make free teas for non-paying customers, while I waited, and waited, and waited for my order. Finally, I said to her, "Why is it taking so long for my drink to be made?" At this point, the young lady was rude, did not bother to make eye contact, and said to me without bother to look down at the order machine: "I make the orders as they come out.

These people were here first, so they're drinks are made first." WRONG! At that moment, I politely informed her: "Sorry but, I'm a paying customer. I'm SPENDING money, not here FREELOADING like the rest of these people. Also, it only takes one to two minutes for and order to go from the register to printout for the order.

You are at the bar and should be working on coffee orders, as this is where you're stationed, first, and then the free orders." A total time of 27 minutes of me waiting and standing with a cane, (because there was NOWHERE to sit), being bumped into by other people, and finally I get my drink. When my husband helped me back into the car, I tasted my drink and guess what? Little miss attitude made it WRONG! I was so angry that i waited 27 minutes, dealt with an obnoxious barista, and wad constantly bumped into, that I just didn't want to bother with going back inside and having it made again.

I threw the latte away. As soon as I got home, I called corporate. Now, to tell you of my history with this particular Starbucks location, I've called in so many complaints against this location, until when they see my name...they know I'm not calling for anything other than a complaint, (I have to say that when I do call, I let corporate know of certain baristas that should truly be recognized for knowing their customers well and for being an absolute delight to deal with, which is why I still frequent this particular location), and it's never personal...it's about CUSTOMER SERVICE. I spoke with a very nice lady at corporate, (I believe her name was Hannah), and explained what happened.

She pulled up my account and saw that I've been a LOYAL customer for a loooooooooooong time, (Gold), and that I spend quite a bit of money in Starbucks. She said that the barista who was at the bar, should have stopped helping with the freebies and made my drink, as that was her station mainly. As I told Hannah, I'm not trying to get anyone fired, and I named ALL of the baristas at this location, (past and present), who have made my drink to perfection each and every time I've walked into that location, but; I will not put up with rude baristas, because in all actuality...your JOB is CUSTOMER SERVICE. Hannah was extremely nice and very concerned about my experience, especially because this was my first outing since my surgery, and because of my loyalty.

To Mr. Kevin Johnson, the CEO of Starbucks; you should go out to some of your stores and see how your employees treat your customers, (especially this location), because customers like me...will become less and less loyal. I know that I'm just one customer....but; word of mouth...can actually do damage.

Thank you to Hannah.You, and the baristas that like having me as their customer, are the reason why I still patronize Starbucks.

Review about: Starbucks Customer Care.

I didn't like: Cross creek mall ste 100.

Had an Experience with Starbucks?

Comments

if there was a magazine called "self-righteous uppity *itch" you'd be on the cover

as soon as you own your own coffee bar you can decide what order employees do what(making free teas)

Houston, Texas, United States #1352766

Do you really think that their CEO reads Starbucks complaints on this website?

The better thing to do is to actually mail a letter to their CEO stating you should go out to some of your stores and see how your employees treat your customers, (especially this location), because customers like me...will become less and less loyal. I know that I'm just one customer....but; word of mouth...can actually do damage.

Houston, Texas, United States #1352544

Sounds like you made a scene at Starbucks.

And exactly how is that beneficial to anyone?

Do you really expect anyone to want to be around you when you make a scene?

Houston, Texas, United States #1352527

OP:

Yes, I understand you were frustrated, but why the long complaint when all you needed to do is to just state the facts?

This complaint of yours is too long to read.

Do you really expect any business to read a complaint this long?

And why the need to be dramatic?All caps and the statement of yours loooooooooooong time, (Gold) is dramatic.

It is difficult to take you *general you* seriously when you are dramatic. It screams high maintenance, which does not help anyone.

Just state the facts.That is all you need to do.

Do you think that your complaint will be addressed quicker when you are dramatic because that is a turnoff to me.