Starbucks Card got deactivated and I lost my money!!!!!!

On March 5th my Starbucks Card, that had almost $50 on it, got deactivated for REASONS UNKNOWN!!!!!When I called them about it they said it was "frozen" and under investigation for fraud??

They said they would reactivate it once the "fraud investigation" was done! WTF what? I've had my card the whole time in my wallet nobody else has access to it! and how can you commit fraud with a gift card?

3 Months later I still have no money! I don't understand?

Why?Also when I try to check the transactions for any "fraudulent" transactions or ANYTHING it says "incorrect security code" which makes no sense because it's clearly registered and in My Card Library!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 2 No 2
Had the same issue 11 Yes 11
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 19, 2013 #761031

When you buy a card on ebay or any other third party website, and transfer the funds to your starbucks card, they have the right to deactivate it. What happens is some person fraudulently uses someone's credit card to reload a starbucks card, then sells it to you. Even though you paid for it, the money was obtained fraudulently and they have to close the cards. Next time buy it from starbucks itself.

5 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.