I would like to tell you about the absolutely humiliating experience I had at one of your stores approximately an hour ago. I ordered a venti iced caramel macchiato with cream, when my order was called it was an iced coffee with mocha something.

I repeated my order and the young man who had finished making my coffee said why I don't I take it anyway? I replied I didn't want that thankyou and repeated my order. I was then made an iced coffee, plain, that had some caramel drizzled over the top of it. I asked did the caramel macchiato not have actual caramel in it?

That this coffee looked like a plain iced coffee with some caramel drizzled on top? One of the girls making coffee said that's exactly how we're supposed to make them and thrust the Starbucks recepie book at me and told me to look it up if I didn't believe her. I replied that I did not wish to do this and that I would like to see her manager please...as I had no wish to argue with the staff...I just wanted the coffee I had ordered. She repeatedly told me to look at the recepie book to the point where she was actually screaming this at me as an order rather than a request.

I told her I wanted to see her manager, she said she didn't have one, I said I don't believe that to be true, that there must be someone I can talk to about the fact that she was screaming at a customer. I then asked the other two employees to get me a manager or supervisor so this situation could be dealt with, they both replied they didn't know who it was because their manager was new. I said there had to be someone I could speak to about what was going on and one girl finally left to get someone. When this happened the girl who wanted me to look at the recepie book started screaming that she didn't get *** paid enough for this *** and just because she worked at *** Starbucks didn't mean I could speak to her however I *** wanted and that she was *** vibrating with *** anger and that I had better watch out because she was clse to coming around the other side of the counter and taking care of me.

I was literally and absolutely shocked and stunned, to the point where I actually asked her if it was me she was threatening. She replied that it was *** me, and that she was going to get security to kick me the *** out of here. She then involved other customers, by telling them I was treating her badly just because she worked at Starbucks and I thought I could do what I wanted. I told her to stop threatening me and to stop involving the other customers in this and to stop swearing, to which she threatened me with harm again.

All the while that this was going on, the young male employee stood there and laughed about it all. Finally a Target manager showed up and the girl shut her mouth straight away. I explained the situation to Justin, the Target employee, and he was extremely professional and helpful and understanding as to what had happened. He took my personal information and I felt compelled to ask him to make sure the Starbucks employee did not have access to my personal information as she had been so violent in her threatening manner towards me.

I have never been so humiliated and disgusted in my life and I am still so shocked by how me wanting an iced coffee got so out of hand so quickly. I do not expect to walk into a Starbucks and end up being threatened with physical violence and have obscenities screamed at me by one of the employees while another employee stands there and laughs about it. I very genuinely want to know how this can even happen? Are Starbucks employees not trained in customer service?

Is this considered to be acceptable behaviour? Do I need to never walk inside a Starbucks store ever again so I'm not in a position to be threatened with physical violence?

Please answer these questions for me, and also I would like very much to know what kind of action is going to be taken against these employees, as I very much hope this type of situation is never allowed to happen again. As I write this letter to you and describe the humiliation I was put through at the hands of three of your employees today I still feel sick to my stomach that a craving for an iced coffee turned into me being threatened with violence.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Starbucks. The most disappointing about iced caramel macchiato at Starbucks was management and disgraceful customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Starbucks.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Coffeehouses and Bakeries category for more informed decision or compare Starbucks to other companies on our site.

Comments

Retail and food workers receive verbal abuse on a regular basis. Why should I care about what happened to you?

You're more than likely a bad customer, and deserved it.

A normal worker doesn't react like that (Unless she's had a REALLY REALLY bad day and has snapped). Deal with it, like retail workers are told to do every day.

Oh BOO HOO little DRAMA QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!