I have been a loyal "gold card" member of Starbucks for nearly 10 years.It used to be that gold card members would get a free coffee for every 12 coffees that they purchased, and that was enough to encourage me to make Starbucks my regular coffee shop, though our city has many other locally owned shops.

However, Starbucks has just come out with a new rewards system that will take 30 coffees to get a free coffee.

This is not progress that warms the customer's heart!As a result, I'm planning on moving Starbucks off my preferred coffee shop location, opening up many other options.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "change in rewards program" of starbucks gold level rewards program. Starbucks needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned starbucks gold level rewards program in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Starbucks.

Had an Experience with Starbucks?

Comments

The new system is based on the amount of money spent, just like hmm let me see, every other company's reward system ever. The new way is much more fair for people who buy whole beans or other retail items as well as people that spend 5$ at each transaction, which is the vast majority of customers. So it might be 30 visits for you, but for most customers it's around 12 or even less.